Green Fingers

   I had been in an exhausting trip yesterday.
   You see, we had to go to this event called "Tree Planting" for our NSTP class. And so, we had to go to San Mateo, Rizal because that's where we can plant our trees/plants. But hell, it was really far! I woke up at four in the morning, left home by four forty-five, got to school at five ten, and left school by six fifteen. Truthfully, I'm not really a morning person, so I was pretty much not in the mood. It took a long time for us to leave school, and it was a good thing I brought the book that I am currently reading, which was "The Vampire Diaries - Stefan's Diaries Vol. 1: Origins" because I read it at some point or another during the trip. And when we were on our way there, other students inside the bus were all awake, excited, and pretty much buzzing all about. If you ask me, I was pretty annoyed because I like my mornings to be quiet and nice. Plus, I was so sleepy because I only had five hours of sleep and yes, I was sort of cranky. I pretty much fell asleep on Gertie's shoulder in some parts of the trip. :)
   When we were near, and all we can see is such fine scenery, I took that as a cue for me to finally take photos of the nature that I was overlooking. And so Gertie and I did. But then, we got lost, and our cell phone signals were off. But good thing there was that there was one carrier who still got signal, so we got on track again! Oh and when we finally got there (since we were by the mountains and it took us a really long time to get to our destination), we had to walk a really long trail to get to our main destination. Hell, it was super exhausting, plus the ground was rocky and muddy that it gave us a hard time to walk properly. But yes, I guess that experience will forever leave an imprint because we worked really hard!

Waiting for us to finally leave. (Taken by Gertie) ;)
Ready to leave...





Walking...
The rocky ground
   After the mega-long walk, we finally arrived at our main destination. Ms. Gale, our professor, started giving us a mini orientation about this whole Tree-Planting shindig. She explained to us that this would help the comminuty because of the landslide that occurred during the "Habagat" and that the other plants that we brought will be donated, they will be the ones who will plant it for us. And it is nice to know that such a small thing, and by walking the mega-long trail would contribute to such a big help to the community and to Mother Earth. :)
Ms. Gale, speaking for the mini orientation
Us students...
Some of my blockmates, obviously exhausted.
    When the mini orientation was done, we finally got to business. Truthfully, I know nothing about planting and gardening, and I was happy that Gertie knew. So I told her that I'd watch her do it first as I take photos of her with her phone, and she can take photos of me with mine too. She happily obliged because she knew that I knew nothing about it and she directed me what to do. When I finally knew what to do, and she was done, I was more than ready, although I totally forgot that I should've cut my nails, but obviously I had no other choice. At first, I was peeling the plastic off, and it took me a hard time to because it was stretchable, so I was like, "Fuck this, I'm going to get my hands dirty!" I didn't really care anymore, I was there for the whole experience, so I tore the plastic off, touched the land that my plant was on, careful to not destroy its main shape, put it on the dug whole, and grabbed some land to finally cover it. As I put the land on, I felt like I was digging some sort of grave or hiding some kind of secret, haha. It was fun! :)

Took a hard time to put the plastic off...
This was when I didn't really care anymore. :))
Hell yes...

It's there on the dug whole already...
Yep, grabbing on some land... I felt like I was in Sleepy Hallow. =))



Flattening the land...
  When we were done with the whole planting business, we washed our hands, took a photo by the mountain skyline, and headed back, walking through the mega-long trail again. And yes, it took us a long time to get back. I was panting, and we had to stop for a few minutes because if I didn't, I'd probably faint. Nevertheless, as much as I dreaded the whole walk and my legs hurt as hell, I couldn't help but think that the people there somehow walk there everyday! Think how much exercise they get into! ;)





   After the mega-long walk on the trail again, we were finally assigned by our professor to the host family we'll stay in. We ate lunch there, and gave them some of the food we've brought with us - which they happily accepted and thanked us - and interviewed them. Surely, an interview wouldn't take too long, and we had to stay there for two hours. Fortunately, some of the members of their family were there, and they were kids. We had a fun time, playing games, chatting, the kids entertaining us, and making jokes. They were kind people, and unfortunately, I don't have the photos with me, but nevertheless, we'll never forget them. 
   As the two long hours were finally over, we headed back to the bus, and got the other plants we brought to some lot there. Then, we shared our experiences with the family and et al. After that, this whole event was  finally over and we finally got inside the bus, ready to take off. As we went back, it was Gertie's turn to sleep since everyone in the bus seems to be exhausted. I gained energy since it was in the afternoon already, and I was awake during the whole ride home. 



This was where the landslide occurred...
They were fixing it already...
In the bus...
   Once we arrived at school, we immediately left. I took the train to Mall of Asia to get a ride home - as always, and I couldn't help but realize how much stress I've gone through these past few weeks. I'm glad that it's finally over because August has taken so much from my energy, and that it passed by like a huge rollercoaster. So, I went by Crepes and Creams - my favorite creperie, and bought myself some Mango Choco Loco crepe that I had been craving for months, and absolutely love! After that, I went home, absolutely exhausted, yet I pushed myself to blog... Now, I'm more than prepared to just chill and enjoy the weekend. I hope you do too!! ;)
It always tastes like heaven... :)
How can I not love this? :)
The book that I'm currently reading...

XOXO,
MsDearlady

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.