MUSIC MONDAY - What's new on my playlist?

   Last Monday, I told you that I had six new songs on my playlist, and I have posted the first one which was The Vaccines' new single for their new album which will be released on September. Now, I'm going to introduce to you something new to me.
   You see, the previous week (when classes were suspended for a week), I was watching the first season of How I Met Your Mother - which is one of my favorite shows, by the way. And I happen to stumble upon this moment where Victoria (Ted's girlfriend at that time who later went to Germany and he only saw her six years later) and Ted were dancing in an empty room with a pianist playing for them during their friends' wedding. Once I heard the lyrics of the song playing, I immediately thought of my character in my novel because the song perfectly fits with my character's feelings. So yes, I searched for the song and I found out, it was Michael Buble's version of "You Don't Know Me." 
   Why did I say that it's something new to me? Well, back when I was a kid, when Michael Buble suddenly gained fame, I didn't really like him. I thought his songs were boring, etc. But now, since I grew as a person, by taste, and by my own perspective in music, hearing this song with its wonderful lyrics, made me fall in love with it. So yes, I hope that with me bringing something new to the table, you guys will come to like this song as well. :) Enjoy!





Lyrics:
You give your hand to me
Then you say hello
I can hardly speak
My heart is beating so
And anyone can tell
You think you know me well
But you don't know me

No, you don't know the one
Who dreams of you at night
And longs to kiss your lips
And longs to hold you tight
Oh I'm just a friend
That's all I've ever been
'Cause you don't know me

I never knew
The art of making love
Though my heart aches
With love for you
Afraid and shy
I've let my chance to go by
The chance that you might
Love me, too

You give your hand to me
And then you say good-bye
I watch you walk away
Beside the lucky guy
You'll never never know
The one who loves you so
Well, you don't know me

You give your hand to me, baby
Then you say good-bye
I watch you walk away
Beside the lucky guy
No, no, you'll never ever know
The one who loves you so
Well, you don't know me 

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/m/michaelbublelyrics/youdontknowmelyrics.html

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.