Page 4 of 365.

"The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
  - Rebecca Beard 
   I see these posts reminiscing about certain events from the previous year. Don't you just agree that it is good to look back in the past to know where you are now? Every New Year comes with great possibilities, and an opportunity to start over or to have a clean slate. For me, everyday is a new chance to start over - a new chance for change. And maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions either (haha). ;)
   Like I've always said last year, I told myself to become more optimistic - saying "no" to negativity. Although negativity did come during the New Year, I am willing to get past that as a stepping stone to finally achieve it. It may be hard at times, but it is for our own good. I mean, who wants negativity all the time, right? Nevertheless, I have also come to realizations, many of them really, and I am just glad that that happened. It's also one of the ways to know where you are and where you're actually heading.
   I have plans this year, but I haven't actually thought them out perfectly yet. Before, I always plan things, which comes with great expectation of how it's going to be. Of course, with great expectation comes with great disappointment, too, when that expectation does not happen. And don't disappointments make you blind because you don't see the positive outcome behind that certain scenario? You know what they say, "Everything happens for a reason." And I absolutely believe that.
   So now the question is, where are you heading? ;)



No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.