Recent Posts

Monday, August 26, 2013

Music Monday!!

   I thought I wouldn't be able to find these songs from The Airborne Toxic Event's first album on Soundcloud, but I did! They're one of my all-time favorite bands, and they just released their third album last April titled, "Such Hot Blood." And apparently, since I will be posting about that today, I figured that I should also post my favorite songs from their first album. And I absolutely remember that it was 2010 when I heard them on the second season of The Vampire Diaries. It was a Katherine Pierce scene and my favorite character, Damon Salvatore, found her there in his bathroom. Then, the music hit with the intro lyrics...
   "And speaking of, little miss Catherine..."
   Basically, my reaction was like, "Oh my God, I have to know this song! It's just so accurate with the scene, and everything!" So yeah, I searched for it and found that it was titled as "Happiness Is Overrated," and the rest was history since that song became one of my all-time favorites. Also, "Missy" was still definitely one of my favorites too. Below, I have compiled my five favorites from their first album, so you should definitely check them out.

   It's also apparent that I loved their third album. I didn't really like the second though, and I don't exactly remember why. But I really thought that their third was great. I have to say that my favorite there would be "The Storm." The song started really mellow, but it had this intensity towards the ending and it was just filled with emotion. I absolutely loved it. And"Safe" was also my favorite. But unfortunately, I couldn't find the other two songs that I wanted to put on the playlist, which were "What's In A Name?" and "The Secret." So instead of a top five, I only have a top three. ;P Check it out below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment