Fashion Friday!! - Tartan

Lookbook Maje
*photo from Vogue.es*
Jil Sander A/W 2013 (Vogue.com UK)
Jil Sander A/W 2013 *Photo from Vogue.co.uk*
   For some reason, I'm not really a huge fan of prints. Probably because my mother isn't really much of a fan either. I always remember what she said when I asked why, "Because prints are easily remembered than plains." And I guess her statement was true. But plains always had much more appeal to me since then, which clearly, had been from the influence of my mother. Although, there is one print that I've always been particularly fond off. That's right, you already knew it since it's already on the title - it's Tartan. Clearly, this season they're back on trend, and I absolutely love it! There's something about those prints that makes you look sleek and preppy, yet edgy at the same time. It really depends on how you style it. ;)

Jil Sander A/W 2013 *Photo from Vogue.co.uk*
Vogue Germany December 2013 Julia Stegner tartan
Vogue Germany 2013 *Photo from Pinterest* (vogue.de)
   For the first outfit inspiration, I chose a bit of preppy look, yet a bit dressy that's perfect for walking and getting around. I really loved the boots with the plaid details, since they gave a 90's hint to it. And they also gave a scruffy laid-back hint to it too, because they're a contrast to the structured dress. The same goes for the bag. But for the second look, I chose something edgier. It's definitely more street style and for night outs. The way I imagined the outfit would go was that, the leather top should be tucked in the tartan midi skirt. I think it goes better that way so that the skirt would stand out, right?
   Now I definitely want anything that's Tartan. I mean, don't you? ;)
Zara Tartan Dress | Stella McCartney SunglassesDoozy Bag Leather SatchelNecessary Clothing Boots 
Mackage Leather Jacket | Snap Fashion Tartan Skirt | Emporio Armani Top | Rebecca Minkoff Satchel | Rachel Zoe Boots

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.