Music Monday!!

   I am absolutely ecstatic with my updated playlist! I managed to find new songs for my then-rotting playlist, and last week, I've finally updated it. I'm sure there will be a few more to add to it, but for now, I'm settling with this... Considering the fact, of course, the next week will be officially the start of the Summer Playlist! edition! :)
   But let's get back for today's Music Monday!! I've chosen to post songs from The National since I have one particular favorite song from their fourth album, Boxer that was released last 2007. The song is called, "Gospel" and I first heard it on Gossip Girl season 2, episode 13: "O Brother, Where Bart Thou?" I distinctly remember that I was listening to this song while White Lies' first album was on my playlist in the summer of 2009. And apparently, it actually ended up as one of my all-time favorites. 
   So several weeks ago, when I last updated my then-playlist, I ended up learning that they had a new album, "Trouble Will Find Me," that they released just last year. Some of their songs from this album were used on the current season of The Originals and The Vampire Diaries. Of course, I thought that this was the perfect opportunity for me to actually check it out, and check the previous album (that I just mentioned above) out since I didn't have an opportunity to before. And so, I've decided to post my favorites from both albums below... 
   For Boxer, I have my top three: 1) Gospel - of course, 2) Fake Empire, and 3) Brainy. They were the ones that really made me sing along since they were catchy, other than their beautiful lyrics, of course. What I absolutely loved about this band was their dark, rather sad tune. And yet, I feel like I'm actually in a juxtaposition, because they don't exactly bring me down in the dumps, but their songs make me sing along, just like I've said! It's strange, but I love it!
   So for Trouble Will Find Me, I only have top two songs from the album: 1) I Need My Girl, and 2) Hard To Find. I just loved the lyrics for my first favorite. And those were one of the first things that I noticed about this song. I guess my favorite line would be, "Remember when you lost your shit and drove the car into valley..." And my next favorite line would be the whole chorus (I guess that's not a line anymore, but oh well...), "But I am good, I am grounded. Davy says that I look taller. But I can't get my head around it, I keep feeling smaller and smaller." There was just something about this depressing song, and how he yearned for "his girl" that really struck me. I absolute fell in love with it. And so for the second favorite, I think it coincidentally matches with the first. How it said in the lyrics that he thought about doing things over with "his girl" and how he didn't want to let go of that certain thought of "moving on" because he might lose all of his hopes to find love with her again. There's something sad and sweet about this song that I simply couldn't put my finger on. Yet, I still love it just because it evoked mixed emotions...
   So I hope you check them out! They are just amazing!
   Oh and, unfortunately, I couldn't find the songs on Soundcloud, so I had to use Youtube yet again. ;)



No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.