Fashion Friday!! - Essence Haul & Review

      As promised, I'm doing a haul... But there is one catch, though. I don't really feel as if this post is appropriate to be called a "haul" since I've only got two items that I bought nearly four weeks ago... And so, I'm also doing a review then. :)
  I was definitely intrigued when my friend, Gertie, made a review (or comparison with Collection's Lasting Perfection Powder) about Essence's matte powder on her Make-Up Mondays, and since I've been bumping into this particular brand at selected SM Department stores (and I keep forgetting to check their products out on the internet) for quite some time now, I figured that I should probably try some of their products. It was just in time though, because after Gertie posted that review, I think a few weeks later, I realized that I was in need of a good foundation and concealer because I was having a shortage on them lately. And so, since I was on an errand that day and found myself strolling around SM Makati, I decided to finally check them out.
  Essence is a brand from Germany, and they have lots of products from French Tip stickers to mascaras and to foundations. So when I was at their counter, I asked the saleslady if they had a matte (I was never particularly fond of anything shimmery) foundation. And she said that they did and handed me their
Clear & Matte Oil-free Foundation, and it was only 249PHP.
  249?!!
  I know. I was surprised too. But of course I wanted to know if it was great stuff, of course. I may be broke, and I do search for some cheap products, but I still want some good quality in it. But then, I asked if they had any concealer, so she handed me their I ♥ Stage Eyeshadow Base. It's a primer and a concealer, and it was only 149PHP!
  I know. :D
  There was a catch, though. They seemed to have ran out of stock that day, and they only had their darkest shade which was 03 Sand. That's why I can't talk about their many shades here, so yeah. But, I couldn't possibly let this get away, I knew. As I've said, I was having a shortage, so I tried them and thought that they were okay and that they weren't too dark, so I bought them after going over some other counters, and decided that that was that...



   1. ESSENCE Clear & Matte Oil-Free Foundation


PROS:
  • It does give you a flawless matte finish
  • Long lasting
  • Does not remove easily
  • It's creamy and easy to work with
  • Even if I bought a shade darker, it wasn't entirely obvious that it was (see last week's Fashion Friday video, I was using this there)
  • Good quality for an inexpensive product
CONS:
  • It does feel a bit heavy on the skin
  • The shade sort of slightly has a pinkish undertone to it 

I applied a lot so you could see the difference with the shade. But with proper amount and blending, it's okay :) Plus, see how it really is matte.

OVERALL RATING:



   2. ESSENCE I ♥ Stage Eyeshadow Base


PROS:
  • It definitely give you great coverage
  • Conceals blemishes and pimples really well
  • Easy to apply and to work with
  • Eyeshadow or eyeliner does not crease or fade
  • Looks great and natural on photos (I used the same on the video, lol)
  • Great quality for such an inexpensive product
CONS:

     ----

See how it blends really well. :)


OVERALL RATING:



    You can find Essence at selected SM Department Stores and Watsons outlet stores. :)
    I hope you have a great Friday and a great weekend ahead!! ;)



No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.