Music Monday!!


   And it's the first of 2015!!
   How's your start of the year so far? Mine's been rather slow, considering I need a break from all the festivities during the holidays. So yes, perhaps some good hibernation is on the way. Yet, of course, that doesn't stop me from making this post (since this is, after all, a scheduled one), and I already took two weeks off for the holidays, so I'm here now. ;)
   How about we start off this first Music Monday of the year right, shall we? As you know, Charli XCX's long-awaited second album, "SUCKER" was finally released last December 15. I was just so ecstatic that I immediately got the album the next day it came out! And as you've already known, I've been such a fan of Charli XCX since her second album "True Romance" came out, and I've featured her on several Music Mondays (click here, here, here, and here ;P) ever since! Below, I gave you the full album that's uploaded on Youtube, since some of the songs off the albums aren't on anywhere yet, which is quite weird because I thought by now there would be tons of uploads already. Still though, the whole album was sooo refreshing to hear! I love the fact that there was this 70s, 80s, and 90s retrospective going on through the whole album that was mixed with angst and fun all the way! I for one, couldn't stop listening to it. And yeah, it does sound waaay different than her previous album, considering the dark pop theme to it, but for those who actually say that those who love the second one wouldn't love the third, is just total crap. I looove both of them, and I do highly suggest that you all listen to them!
   My favorites from the album (excluding Break The Rules and Boom Clap, of course) are 1) Doing It - I consider that as my New Year soundtrack, because it's fun and it's just too perfect, 2) Breaking Up - Have you even seen the video? If you haven't, you should, because I loooved how it was inspired by the 70s and the 90s, ;P 3) London Queen - Have I mentioned the 70s reference and the fact that I looove The Ramones? This song does resemble The Ramones' "Blitzkreig Bop." Don't believe me? Check both of them out, you'll see the similarity. ;P 4) Sucker - the angst and the badassery (Can I say that? Oh well... ;P) is just too awesome. 5) Famous - Another one that resembles an old 80s song, The Vapors' "Turning Japanese." Who wouldn't love this song and it's dance-y beat? 6) Caught In The Middle - this one's just too catchy to miss... 7) Need Ur Love - and this one too. ;P Last but definitely not the least, 8) Money (That's What I Want) - because who doesn't need and wouldn't want it, right?
   And so, I leave you now with the album to spice up your hectic Mondays!! I also included the video of Breaking Up below!! Oh and don't forget to enjoy it! ;)



No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.