Fashion Friday!! - L'Oreal Super Liner Gel Intenza 36H (01 Profound Black) Review


   I've mentioned a few Fashion Fridays ago on my winged eyeliner tutorial post, that I happened to have purchased a new gel liner, and that I was going to make a review about it. So here I am doing just that! Although, this was supposed to be posted a few weeks ago, my mind seemed to have been in "break mode," so apparently, this was a bit delayed. Nevertheless, I do happen to make up for my word, and so I am delivering what I have promised.
   Now, as you guys know, I'm very much used to using my liquid eyeliner, and so when I got a hold on gel liners - with their brushes, et al - I seemed to have found it difficult to maneuver into my usual winged liner look. After a few tries, however, I did get the hang of it all whilst discovering the fact that my methods of applying the gel would be the opposite of how I would apply the liquid! There is difference in texture, of course. I did try some other gel liners before, but I immediately fell in love with L'Oreal's Super Liner Gel Intenza 36H in 01 Profound Black the first time I've applied it.



   So let me give you a quick back story first... You see, L'Oreal was on sale for the past couple of months. I happened to have bought their new matte lipstick from the Color Riche Pure Reds Star Collection (in Sonam Kapoor's shade "Pure Garnet"), and realized while I was on the way to the mall one day, that I needed an eyeliner for my rather teary eyes (they get teary at some point or another, so I needed something that was waterproof for more special occasions). So I was wandering aimlessly around the beauty department, when I found myself strolling towards the L'Oreal's section. That was when I saw that their gel liner was on sale, too! I tried it first by swiping it along the back of my hand - as I usually do - and I loved how it easily glided onto my skin. The texture was soft, smooth and creamy, and I knew that I had to get it immediately! So I did!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:


   I was in love with the packaging as well. It's very elegant, with its black and gold design - on the box, and along the glass pot that has a white-gold screw cap with the black brush or applicator that has the label written in gold. It's definitely very elegant and it gives off a sophisticated feel to it that the label embodies. It made me feel quite giddy to try it immediately after I got it - y'know that feeling when you have purchased something new, yeah, that was me then. And I was more than ecstatic when I finally had the chance to. ;)




   I've managed to wear this the day before my birthday just so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of retouching - considering the long day I was going to have then. I was able to wear this for sixteen hours, without any touch-ups. Although, by the end of the night, my oily lids and my occasional watery eyes due to exhaustion, made it slightly wear off, especially along the wings at the outer corner of my eyes - where they get teary most of the time. It was a great test whether this product really does live up to its 36 Hour formula, but unfortunately, depending on our skin type, it does not and may actually require maintenance along the way. I don't mind the longevity however, simply because I wouldn't really wear a product for 36 hours straight! Perhaps in times of necessity where I wouldn't be able to get sleep would be fine, but I am very much satisfied with having to be able to wear this for a full day. Also, while applying this, I do believe that the staying power proves itself by then, considering how on first application, it really does stick to your skin and wouldn't be able to remove so easily. So I guess if you're a novice at applying gel liners - or eyeliners in general - this product will not suit you as a means for practice, since there aren't room for any errors (unless of course, you do happen to have a makeup remover with you, which in that case, by all means use this product for practice).



PROS:

  • Overall packaging is very elegant and sophisticated
  • Comes with an applicator
  • Rich pigmentation
  • The creamy texture makes it easy to glide on skin
  • Long-lasting
  • Lives up to being waterproof (depends on lids' condition, however)
  • Easy to work with to develop the desired look
  • Smudge-proof
  • Worth the money
CONS:
  • Does not live up to its 36H staying formula 
  • The brush/applicator is quite difficult to maneuver
  • A bit pricey 
OVERALL RATING: 



No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.