Music Monday!!



   I've had an incredibly busy weekend, and I am still very exhausted. But the pitter-patter of the rain is quite soothing as I sit down here in front of my computer, making this post and reading this month's issue of Preview Magazine. I'll make a post of my weekend soon, since I did go the 36th Manila International Book Fair after all... ;)
   Nevertheless, I'm here for this week's Music Monday!! Now, last week I posted about SoKo's song "Lovetrap" with Ariel Pink, and this made me feel curious to know who he was and what songs he made. So I searched him on YouTube along with his band Haunted Graffiti (they're called Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti), and ended up getting their albums. I know, I know, I may have been quite late with the whole lo-fi bandwagon, but I must say that I certainly fell in love with some of his songs. They sound as if I was listening to something from the '80s or '70s, giving that raw sound that you could hear from those times, and so it came to no surprise how they tickled my interests.
   I do have to say however, that my favorite would be "Baby" from the album "Mature Themes" that was released last 2012. Next would definitely be "Round and Round" and "Frightnight (Nevermore)" 
from "Before Today" album, released in 2010. There's also my favorite, "Dayzed Inn Daydreams"  and "Sexual Athletics" from his solo album, "pom pom" that was released last November. Below, I've combined some of my favorites for your listening pleasure. And in case you seem to think that Ariel Pink rings a bell, he just collaborated with Mily Cyrus's new single.
   You can get his albums on iTunes, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. ;)

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.