Fashion Friday!! - Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Review



   Apparently, I've mentioned that I bought some Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipsticks several Fashion Fridays ago, and of course, I wouldn't let the opportunity pass for me to write a review about it! I mean, everyone's already raving about it for a while now, and you could see a bunch of reviews about them already, so why shouldn't I simply put one up as well?
   So here I am, doing just that!
   Ever since Johnrey mentioned it to me late last year - and when he tried it on his Snapchat account (add him: johnreyslife), I knew I had to get my hands on them! I looove anything matte of course, even down to the texture of my hair, eyeshadow, nails, and even my clothes! And obviously, this was no exception! I've been searching for the perfect matte lipstick that had an incredible lasting power, and Colourpop's Ultra Matte Lipstick was perfect! It's smudge-proof, transfer proof, and they're very rich and pigmented.
   All at a very affordable price of six US dollars ($6.00 = 276PHP; Depends on sellers here, their prices range from 380-600PHP)!
   They are liquid lipsticks however, and so expect them to have such texture upon application, before they quickly dry matte. There is little to almost no room for error, and it does take some time to get used to.



   I wasn't able to get the chance to have them however, until last month - when I told you that I may or may not have splurged a little bit, lol. But I was on the shopping app, Shopee (was able to buy it from the price of 420PHP, plus shipping fee) and that was where I ordered the shades I wanted from two different sellers. First, I ordered "Kae" from the Karreuche X Colourpop collaboration. They also call it "#KaePop" and it's the first from the three ultra matte lipstick line in their collaboration, considering the other shades were named, "Rooch" and "Chi."
   Get it? Ka-Rooch-Chi? 
   So second, was the color "LAX." And last but definitely not the least, I ordered the shade "Teeny Tiny" from the other seller I found, considering that shade was not available with the first. They arrived around two days after I ordered them, and I was definitely very happy because both sellers were absolutely friendly, and they gave me a quick transaction! I was more than ecstatic, of course, because it was the first time that I've ever ordered anything online - or more appropriately from that app - and it felt like somebody else just sent me a package, when really, I bought it for myself. Lol!
    Anyway, there I was, Snapchatting as I opened the package, and immediately afterwards I quickly tried them on and made a live review in which, you guys might have already seen in my previous story, if you are following me over there (UN: msdearlady). But apparently, I shall discuss the three of them now below...

1. Kae from Karreuche X Colourpop


   I have to say that "Kae" is definitely my top favorite!
   It's described as "a deep warm yellow brown," and I am just in love with this color! I've actually tried the shade "Limbo" before, which is this "deep chocolate brown" color, and it seemed to have appeared too dark on me. Kae however, was definitely dark, but you could still decipher the brown shade, and that was basically the color that I wanted and have been looking for. It's very rich, pigmented, could be easily applied with the applicator (although it does need a bit of practicing), and of course, it dries matte. For me, this is absolutely a perfect everyday color and I've actually been using this more often that you guys could see how the print already began to fade on the packaging!
   I do think that that was the only thing that I did not like with the packaging. Once you open it, you could see how sleek it is even if it's just in a plastic container. I actually love how the print was printed, because like on the box, the label actually glimmers in different colors, along with the silver lining onto the cap and the upper part of the neck. So apparently, I was a bit disappointed that after a few uses and handling, it already started to get scratches and the label began to fade. But obviously, how could I possibly expect such things to last for something that is so affordable and relatively inexpensive?
   What I do assure you however, is that it is really long lasting! It was able to stay on my lips for around four to five hours with minimum cracking or patching. But since it is a matte lipstick, it does feel a bit drying so I suggest that you guys hydrate and exfoliate your lips before using, especially when you aren't used to using matte lipsticks. Though, what I also noticed is that the colors are much darker than they are on the container, so I think it'd be better if you guys would try to swatch them on first.

Me wearing "Kae." 
PROS:
  • Color is very rich and pigmented
  • Could be easily applied
  • Light-weight
  • Matte
  • Not patchy during application
  • Not tacky post-application
  • Long-lasting
  • Transfer-proof
  • Smudge-proof
  • Water-proof
  • Affordable
CONS:
  • Cracks and patches overtime once exposed to food and fluids
WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN?
  • YES
OVERALL RATING: 


2. LAX


   Apparently, I looove dark colors. So if I'm not going for that brown-ish shade, I'd go with the "vampy blackened red" which is "LAX." 
   I do have to say that I definitely fell in love with this color when Johnrey let me try it last January. It's the perfect dark red shade that I've been looking for for quite some time now, but I just couldn't find the right matte lipstick that was affordable enough. 
   Until now, of course! 
   So upon application, I did find this shade rather patchy in a way. I had to swipe it a few times for me to get that opaque shade in which I was able to get with "Kae." I was actually surprised at that, because apparently, the pigmentation of the shades do quite differ from one another, and I think that that does depend on the color. So with this, it actually dried faster, and there was some patchiness that happened - although it was barely noticeable, but if you're kind of OC like me, you would definitely notice. But it is manageable, you just have to layer it on, or apply it evenly in an expertly manner. I do feel like however, in terms of its lasting power, it probably just stayed on my lips for three hours before some cracking and patchiness began.
   Again, a bit disappointed with the packaging, because aside from Kae, this was the other shade that I always turn to whenever my mood feels like it. And so unfortunately, the print already began to fade. 


PROS:
  • Color is very rich and pigmented
  • Could be easily applied
  • Light-weight
  • Matte
  • Not tacky post-application
  • Long-lasting
  • Transfer-proof
  • Smudge-proof
  • Water-proof
  • Affordable
CONS:
  • Color is a bit patchy during application
  • Cracks and patches overtime once exposed to food and fluids
WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN?
  • YES
OVERALL RATING: 


3. Teeny Tiny


   I was more than excited when I found a seller that had this shade on hand.
   What was surprising though was when I got it...
   Described as "deep greyed out plum," I didn't expect it to be that deep! As it appears on the container, it doesn't seem quite dark, but once it was on my lips, oh my! It was a deep purple-ish mauve color that had a grey undertone, and it appeared very dark on my lips. And the thing was, the reason why I got this shade was because I thought it wasn't that dark, and that it was just a muted mauve color that was perfect for everyday use. I guess I was wrong, but that did not mean that I didn't love it.
   The color is very rich and pigmented, and there was no sign of patchiness during application. Although on my lips, I had to build the product for me to get the right color of its shade by swiping it twice and it did last for quite a long while than "LAX" did. I do have to say however, that out of the shades that I got, this is not exactly my most favorite, but I do love how unique this shade is. I don't think you would get this certain shade from any brand than Colourpop - but I could be wrong. And so apparently, it's not my most used color, considering I'm not a huge fan of purple colors, but I do use this whenever my mood leans onto it. 


PROS:
  • Color is very rich and pigmented
  • Could be easily applied
  • Light-weight
  • Matte
  • Not patchy during application
  • Not tacky post-application
  • Unique shade
  • Long-lasting
  • Transfer-proof
  • Smudge-proof
  • Water-proof
  • Affordable
CONS:
  • Was surprised at how dark the shade was (definitely not what I expected)
  • Had to build product by swiping over it again
  • Cracks and patches overtime once exposed to food and fluids
WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN?
  • Probably not. I would explore different colors.
OVERALL RATING: 


SWATCHES:

Top to bottom: Teeny Tiny, LAX, and Kae.


With camera flash
   So that ends my long-ass review! Hopefully this was helpful to you guys if you are very interested in this lip product and shades! I'm actually planning to get more, considering of course, how my search for an everyday, brown undertone shade, continues! I will let you know once I've finally found it, since I'm actually hoping that I would find them in Colourpop.
   Until then, I wish you all a very happy Fashion Friday!!
   And don't forget to stay tuned for the next! ;)


*Disclaimer: The products I review are purchased with my own money. These products are not sponsored whatsoever unless said otherwise.* 

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.