Fashion Friday!! - MeNow Kiss Proof Lipstick Review


   I know, I know.
   It's been way long overdue considering that I've received them a week after my last Fashion Friday post, which was last May. So yes, I know I'm very much behind schedule - not that I ever had any in the first place for these particular posts. I guess I should start making one, huh? Lol.
  So I've told you guys that I've been looking for nude shades with the right brown undertone. And so, once I've decided to purchase a couple of my own MeNow Kiss Proof Soft Lipsticks, I found myself leaning towards the nude-muted shades. After all, the Colourpop Ultra Mattes I have were mostly dark, so I needed something to help my lipstick collection have balance. At the same time however, I still got a few dark shades, because well, I just couldn't resist. I was able to choose at least six shades since the seller on Shopee was selling them for a bundle with a free sharpener, for an affordable price of Php545.00.
   Huzzah!
   Perhaps it's a bit much to get six immediately, but whatever. I figured it'd be good to review, while having a bit of variety. Besides, each of these only retail from Php70 - Php150 (depending on the seller), which is very cheap compared to other brands. MeNow is manufactured from China by QIWEI Cosmetics, and they're getting a bit of a buzz on the internet (no, not for being shady, I assure you. Quite the opposite, in fact), but for offering good-quality products at such an inexpensive cost.


PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
"Powdery Matte. This liquid lipstick instantly lifts & hydrates lips. Gives rich, creamy, long-wearing color..."


   Once I received my orders, I was more than ecstatic - in which, you would've already seen if you're following me on Snapchat (UN: msdearlady), lol. I like the fact that the packaging came in these boxes, each one with their own pamphlet of instructions (that aren't even for this particular product, but who cares). Other than that, they also came in a sleek, rather weighty form that resembles a jumbo lip crayon. They also remind me of lip liners, only in a bigger size, because they're not retractable. I know, I was quite sad about that too, but for such price, I didn't really complain. It was a good thing that my order came along with a free sharpener, but then again, that was the only thing I didn't particularly like about it. So I might have to purchase a different sharpener instead.
   I found it quite amusing though, that it said on the description - which is also printed onto the lipsticks themselves - that they're "liquid." They are certainly not liquid, if you ask me. But upon application, they easily glided onto my lips, and they were very creamy. I suggest however, that you do not try and press your lips together after applying it. Just as they said on the description, they do deliver with the "powdery matte" finish once it settles, making the product long-wearing. I don't think they're particularly as long-wearing as Colourpop, but depending on the exposure to food and fluids, it can last quite a while. Again, since they're matte, do make sure to exfoliate and hydrate your lips, so that it doesn't feel drying.  Also, the shades are very pigmented, and I absolutely fell in love with the ones I got!

From top to bottom: #17, #12, #11, #8, #6, #5
   I have to say that my top faves would be #5, #8, #11, and definitely #12
   But perhaps I should give you a break down on each shades. Let's start with #5, which is a muted, powdery, baby pink shade, which I absolutely love for that hint of color without being too overpowering. Next is #6, which is a shade that reminds me so much of Colourpop Ultra Matte's "Bumble." It has a hint of coral, with a brown undertone. Then there's #8, a muted warm brown color with a hint of gray undertones, that's also perfect for everyday makeup. #11 is a deep, dark red color that reminded me of MACs matte lipstick in "Sin." And #12 is this beautiful, deep, old rose shade that I knew I had to get because I wouldn't be able to find this particular shade anywhere else! Last but definitely not the least, #17 is the perfect nude shade. 

PROS:
  • Packaging is sleek and simple
  • Easily glides on lips
  • Colors are rich and pigmented
  • Dries matte
  • Transfer-proof
  • Smudge-proof
  • Waterproof
  • Long-lasting 
  • Inexpensive
  • True to description
CONS:
  • Can become patchy over time especially when exposed to food and fluids
  • Can feel a bit drying
WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN?
  • YES
OVERALL RATING:


SWATCHES:



  So there you have it! I hope you guys had fun reading this review, and I do apologize how long this took me to actually post. As for the right brown undertone shade that I seem to have been on the search for, I do have to say that I'm completely satisfied with the ones I found from MeNow. Does that mean that I'd stop looking for it and getting more matte lipsticks? Not exactly. After all, there are tons of products out there that I'd definitely want to try.
   Until then, I leave you with this...
   Happy Fashion Friday mon amies!! ;)


*Disclaimer: The products I review are purchased with my own money. These products are not sponsored whatsoever unless said otherwise.* 

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.