Music Monday!!


   I'm back this week!
   And I can't believe it's July already! How time flies, doesn't it?
   But anyway, I realize how my current playlist has been rotting for weeks now. Nevertheless, I also realized that for today, I should post about The Kills new album, "Ash & Ice" that was released last month. And if you guys have been following this blog for quite a while now, you would know that I've been a fan of them since then. In fact, they're one of my favorite bands of all-time.
   Now though, I'm used to hearing their raunchy beat with heavy guitar riffs that's mixed with some major 'tude, you wouldn't be able to deny how completely cool and totally dance-worthy their tunes are. I was surprised though, when I heard that they've included synths in this album, and that was the only time I heard about the guitarist (and former husband of supermodel, Kate Moss), Jamie Hince's accident where he got his left hand smashed by a car door and went through numerous surgeries afterwards. His middle finger was no longer usable, and so they had to change a bit of their style, hence the synths. I do have to say however, since they're out now doing some live shows, Jamie still plays the guitar wonderfully - not losing that certain raunchy style I've come to love so much, considering he had to re-learn how to play the guitar. And what about Alison's voice? Still the same as she delivers their songs with much feels.
   It sure is different, but it's the good kind. I do have to say that I've come to love "Days of Why and How," because of its smooth and chill vibe along with its catchy hook, "When I hear your name, it's like a freight train; shake, shake, shake, shake, shaking me off my tracks." It matched perfectly with how I felt. The next favorite would definitely be their bluesy track, "Hum For Your Buzz" where Alison delivered it with much soul, it made me want to sing along. Last but definitely not the least, I have to say that their single for the album, "Doing It To Death" would be another one of my favorites. How else would I able to describe such a mundane and repetitive day-to-day life without that song?
   So as always, I give them to you below for your own hearing pleasure. I hope you come to love them as much as I do, and maybe even more. Then, don't forget to get their album on iTunes now. ;)

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.