All Of My Friends Say...


   People will always have an opinion.
   And to be honest, I'm tired of living my life up to somebody else's opinion, standards, expectations, and critique. I'm tired of people thinking they know what's better or what's best for me, thinking and feeling as though that just because they are pretty close to me, that they know me better than I know myself. That they can give me unsolicited advice, just because they compare their own experiences to mine and fail to see how gravely different it actually is.
   I'm not saying that they couldn't be right. But what I'm also saying is that they could be wrong, too. I'm just so tired of being so affected by all of it, making me second-guess and doubt myself, thinking whether I'm doing the right thing or if I'm making a huge mistake. It fucks me up. It's bad enough that I overthink everything, analyze everything from all possible angles, quietly observing here and there, to make a conclusion of my own.
   Sometimes, my own mind fucks me up, and I don't need more shit to add more to my already fucked up plate.
   I want to live my life as unapologetically as my own. I want to be free, and live the kind of life I want without judgment or the fear of it. I want to live my own life without being sentenced to the mistakes of others. I want to make my own experiences, live my life to the fullest, and be able to trust myself and my own judgment.
   I understand that these people who are close-slash-dear to me are coming from a good place and have good intentions, but sometimes it's too much.
   People need to understand and learn to have boundaries. And people need to learn how to stop asking me questions that are very much awkward and are none of their goddamn business.

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.