#TVDForever


March 11
07:38 PM

   I cannot even fathom how to possibly begin telling you how much this show actually meant to me. For the past eight years, I've come to be invested in this show and its characters, so much so, in fact, that I actually feel like I did grow up with it. That it will forever be imbibed within me and my love for it. So, I think it is only appropriate that I make a tribute post to officially say goodbye to one of my favorite TV shows ever. 
   When they announced that this eighth season would be the last, I thought that it was the right time to finally end it. I know, you might find that quite surprising. After all, isn't this my favorite show? But perhaps it's the writer in me, saying that all stories must come to an end. So I thought that Julie Plec and the others made the right decision, since unlike the other shows that got cancelled and was never given the right opportunity to actually end the story the way they envisioned it to, it was only appropriate that they take advantage that the network had been very supportive of them. And so, apparently, they did, though I do have to say that I wasn't a huge fan of this season's storyline with the sirens and the devil himself. In fact, I thought that they just kept on going around in random circles for the past few seasons since Nina Dobrev left in season six, but I only kept watching because of my favorite character, Damon Salvatore. Other than the fact, of course, that I wanted to see how it would all end, especially for him. 
   Today (or more appropriately, yesterday March 10), was the last time The Vampire Diaries will ever air a new episode. Now, I may have been late for a few hours considering the different time zones, but I just finished watching the series finale, and I never thought that this moment would become so bittersweet. No, I'm not going to get into the whole details of how it all ended, but I will tell you that I thought it was absolutely satisfying. I just wish there was a whole Delena moment though, with dialogues and all, but a happy ending for my ship was enough as it was. I also did cry for Stefan, which I never thought I was ever  actually invested in his character, so that came as a surprise. Who would ever thought, right? Needless to say, it was definitely an emotional roller coaster ride watching it all unfold. It made me remember why I loved this show in the first place.
   And the very reason why I started to watch was because of - you guessed it - Damon Salvatore. Not only because of how absolutely good-looking Ian Somerhalder was, but for some reason, he definitely piqued my interests. So there I was, finally indulging myself to watch it while it was on its second season hiatus, and I binged the whole first season to the half of the second. The rest then, as they say, was history. From Damon Salvatore, to Klaus and the Originals, my love for them grew deeper and deeper. It then drove me to finally decide upon buying the books and collecting them, and ultimately, inspired me to write the very Fan Fiction some of you might have come to love for the past five years.
   The Vampire Diaries was not simply "a show" that dwell into the supernatural world of vampires, witches, and werewolves. It wasn't just a show that began with dealing with loss and grief or the fact that there was a love triangle in it. It was so much more than that. It was in this show that made me learn what love was and the sacrifices that came along with it, aside from the passion and a hint of romance. It made me learn about the true meaning of family, that it was so much more than the same blood running through our veins. That these whirling emotions, failures, weaknesses, strengths, and vulnerabilities are all part of the frailty of being a human being, and why we should cherish just that. That this world was and never will be divided into the simple black and white; that there are gray areas, and in those gray areas we might find the light. It was a show that was a learning curve in on itself with complex characters that made me want to understand more about the human psyche - a creative motivator that did help me improve as a writer in a many ways.
   Without it, I don't think I'd ever be the same. I was in on the journey with the story and the characters while watching, the same as everyone else. I was part of the fandom, and I know that I'm not the only one who shares the same views of how this show had been a significant part of their lives.
   So thank you TVD, and all that's behind its success. It's been one hell of a run...
   Okay, scratch that.
   It was EPIC.
   And you will never be forgotten...



P.S.: I'm so happy that Damon finally got the happy ending he ever wanted. Though, quite sad that it had to be without his brother. *spoiler alert*

No comments:

Myka Javier 2015. Powered by Blogger.